Truancy Online ©
Canadian Truancy Services and Resources that get results
|| Truancy Resources For: | NZ | Australia | UK | USA || Truancy Reporting For: | NZ | AUST | UK | USA ||
A Division of CEPNZ
Return to Home Page
Canadian Truancy Resource Pack
Preview some of the actual pages of the NZ version on Google Books HERE.
The CEPNZ has now produced this resource pack to help Canadian schools with improving attendance of students.
This resource pack includes:
This Truancy Resource Pack is produced by the CEPNZ and is available on CD-ROM at:
- Guidelines on how to use all the resources.
- A4 posters for local businesses and retailers to assist schools in combating truancy. These posters advertise that the business/shop that displays these posters will not serve youth under the age of 16 during school hours and that they may ask to see the Authorised Permission slip from the youth or any accompanying adult.
- A4 Information Sheet for businesses (to be customised by each school) to accompany the posters on how they can assist your school in combating truancy and how to use the online Canadian Truancy Reporting System.
- Access to and use of the CEPNZ's personalised online Canadian Truancy Reporting System (click here for the NZ example). If you would like the CEPNZ to create an online reporting system for a specific region, ask.
- A4 Attendance and Anti-Truancy Posters for in the school.
- "Parent Declaration of Commitment" to the Attendance of their children at your school. To to given to all parents/guardians to sign to ensure they understand Canadian law and your school's policy on their responsibility to ensure the attendance of their children at your school.
- Authorised permission forms to be used for all absenteeisms.
- Guidelines of suggested, extra procedures for teachers and staff to follow on noting non-attendance.
- How to identify students who may become potential truants and how to prevent this from happening.
- Idea for fundraising from local businesses to recover cost of this Truancy Resource Pack.
- Guidelines on how to use our online International Discussion Forum to assist with combating truancy.
- How to enrich the total learning experience to ensure students desire to be at school.
- Guideline sheets for students on how to set goals and avoid peer pressure.
- Guideline on how to motivate students to become more involved in mainstream activities without having to separate 'problem' children into 'special' or 'sports-centred' classes.
- Access to additional online truancy resources:
- Access to and use of our Online Truancy Database. This is available to be use by member school and Truancy Officers to list the names of students who have not be re-enrolled when expected or have become "missing". Members are able to log in entries and view other member schools listings and comments and have one-touch communication by email between members (Fully private and secure).
- "Email a parent" of an absent student straight from a link on the Canadian schools member resources while you're online. A standardised contact form makes it easy to email your notice to the parent. Can be used by your Attendance/Welfare Officer or local Truancy Officer (click here for the example page).
- Access to additional resources as they are developed
NZ$49.00 for the CD-ROM
(all prices including international postage)
To purchase this resource for an entire city or region, email the CEPNZ with your requirements for negotiation.
To receive your pack, complete the order form below:
If you experience problems with this online form,
please place your order to the CEPNZ through Email Here.
On placing this order, an Invoice will be sent to you by E-Mail. Payment of this invoice must be made before your order will be dispatched.
By placing your order you agree to the following terms:
Copyright©2004-2010 Character Education Programme of New Zealand
- All prices include airmail postage.
- Your order will be dispatched as soon as we receive your payment (allow approximately 10 days for postage).
- The CEPNZ's Canadian Truancy Resource Pack shall not, by way of trade or otherwise, be lent, re-sold, hired out or otherwise circulated to other schools without the prior permission of CEPNZ in any form of binding or cover. This Truancy Resource Pack is for use only in the school named in the order.